Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Architectual Font for ArchiCAD 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using ArchiTEXT since ArchiCAD 7. Now I am looking at using a somewhat more expressive architectual font such as Architect. Architect is a True Type font that I found on the web for free at Fonts for Kids
http://www.designcommunity.com/cgi-bin/mlk?http://www.momscorner4kids.com/fonts/fonts2.htm

Is there anything that we need to know about using imported fonts in ArchiCAD and Plotmaker?

Thanks,
John
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. consultants (using dwg's) tend to have nightmares with text formatting since they don't have your font...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Weston wrote:
1. consultants (using dwg's) tend to have nightmares with text formatting since they don't have your font...
Then there's the whole philosophical debate about using imitation hand writing in computer generated drawings...

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
Weston wrote:
Weston,
Since writing my first post I have found the fonts architxt.ttf and archtitl.TTF which I like very much. Previously, I had been using ArchiTEXT.TTF for my working drawings.

The reason for my original post is because I am currently working on a project in conjunction with an architect in another office who is using architxt.ttf and archtitl.TTF in Vectorworks. He exports his drawings to me as DWGs. I, in turn, work on them in ArchiCAD. The final product will be a set of construction drawings in DWG format.

When I open the his DWGs with ArchiCAD I find that the text and dimensions refer to a font called [ArchTitl N] which does not look like the font ArchTitl. I have to go through each drawing and change the text from [ArchTitl N] to ArchTitl.

How can I get ArchiCAD to open his DWGs using ArchTitl and not [ArchTitl N]?

What will I need to do when I save the final Plotmaker drawings as DWGs?

What do I need to do to insure that he will be able to open the Plotmaker produced DWGs with the fonts showing up as architxt.ttf and archtitl.TTF?

Thank you,
John
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK - mind you, we don't use any hand-lettered fonts, and we haven't had trouble, but theoretically, here's how it works:

Under your dwg translation settings, go to attributes/Font-style conversion. create a new 'rule' and assign your font to to the 'archicad font' field, and the exact style name that your consultant uses. there's a field for slant if you happen to need it for 'italic' characters.

Theoretically, your font should then translate to match to the dwg's style that contains size, font and other settings for text.

Under 'save options', you can also set an actual dwg file to use a s a guide, but I'm not entirely sure what it does with the dwg info from that file.

Perhaps someone else can clarify, but that's my understanding...

hth
wes