cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bug: Impossible vertical distance (elevate) input in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cannot type values for vertical distance (elevate) in the 3D window! It is impossible to to move an element upwards using the Elevate button in the pet pallette. It happens in three different ways:

1. With Coordinates box - I press "R" for Radius, the Radius field becomes selected, I type the value, press Enter and the element does not move.

2. With Tracker - I press "R" for Distance, the Tracker Distance fields becomes selected and immediately deselects itself and changes back to zero. If I press "R" or "Tab" it does the same again, so I cannot enter the value.

3.With Tracker - I press "R" for Distance, the Tracker Distance field becomes selected and immediately deselects itself and changes back to zero. It work only if I manually select the Tracker Distance field and then enter the value.

This is a problem since AC14! In AC14 it was possible to enter the value in the Coordinates box. Tracker input did not work either, so I got used to switch it off the I wanted to elevate in 3D.

Tracker unput bug.gif
2 REPLIES 2
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Kliment,

I think the issue with the Tracker method is that you are pressing "R". Here is the course of action:

1) Select the object
2) Click your reference point
3) Select the Elevate command from the tracker
4) Drag in either the up or down direction and then type the distance (always a positive value).

The coordinate box still has some functional use and is still popular amongst longtime users but it is not the recommended method of input for the newer versions. The coordinate box does indeed not play well with the changes to the 3D environment but the Tracker does work well here. Let me know if you still have the issue, given my advice.

Best regards!
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, Nicholas, it works the way you describe it. Old habits die hard!