Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

COMPLEX PROFILES MATERIAL

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have several profiles created for my foundations but I cant make them appear in CONCRETE, some how when I try to modify them or even create a new one in the interface of Profile Manager/ Side Materials, the UNIFORM box comes already checked but grayed out and is showing the right material :CONCRETE.
But when I use the profiles they come with different materials but concrete. Any Idea how to do this work? Tks.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
fransole,

To change the section material:
Place your custom wall or beam/footer.
Once placed, select it,
while it is still selected, open profile manger, choose edit profile,
then modify the fill settings in the little window showing the custom profile.
Now you can either re-save it as original name or choose new name for this profile.

To change the skin:
Select object and open the selection setting dialog , modify the skin material here. You have only one choice instead of the usual top, side, etc.

You might need to "rebuild" your view to see change.

Snap.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Snap,

Right advice in general but the description seems a bit unclear.

AFAIR the Profile Editor is unaffected by the current selection and the profile to be edited must be selected by the pop-up.

To be clear it is the fills in the edit window that define the actual profile. Calling them "objects" seems confusing to me.

Changing materials can be done in bulk by selecting the fill(s) and changing the materials in the settings palette, but each edge of a fill can be adjusted individually by clicking it and selecting the pet palette tool to change the material, pen and linetype (it's the odd looking one in the pet palette - upper right as I recall).

Unfortunately these material settings are global with no option to override them so if you need the same crown molding with a different color paint you have to make a copy of the profile.

Of course the instances can (and must) have their end materials set individually, but I have yet to see any practical use for this.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you so much....