Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Cannot select elements by clicking on surfaces?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I hope this question belongs in this subforum. If not, please direct me to the right place.

I have started working in Archicad 19 in windows but today when I opened the program some setting had changed and I haven't been able to find what setting this could be.

Problem: I used to be able to click on any surface to select elements. Not possible anymore. I can only select an element by clicking very precisely in corners or edges (door, window, roof, wall etc.) I can't double click on text boxes to activate them anymore. This happens to every model I open so something must be wrong in my Archicad.

Does anybody know of any setting that could have this effect?
Cheers!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
It is probably not a 'Construction Documentation' problem so I have moved it to the more general 'Working in Archicad' section.

It sounds like you have turned off your "Quick Selection" (magnet).
You will find it in the info box options when you activate the selection tool.

Or do as I do and leave it off - makes it easier to let go of selections just by clicking anywhere that is not a node.
When you want to select a surface you just hold the SPACE bar which is a temporary toggle that actives the quick selection.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Barry Kelly
It is probably not a 'Construction Documentation' problem so I have moved it to the more general 'Working in Archicad' section.

It sounds like you have turned off your "Quick Selection" (magnet).
You will find it in the info box options when you activate the selection tool.

Or do as I do and leave it off - makes it easier to let go of selections just by clicking anywhere that is not a node.
When you want to select a surface you just hold the SPACE bar which is a temporary toggle that actives the quick selection.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
You were right, it was the quick selection toggle.

Thanks for the space bar tip, that does seem to be the most comfortable method.

Cheers mate!

OMG!!! Thank you so much, Barry!!!! You're a life saver!!!!