Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Chamfer Profile Edges

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi There,

I am currently modeling specific column capitals using the complex profile tool. I have extruded 3 profiles in which I have then connected them in order to create a single geometry.

I need to chamfer just the outside corner of the geometry but I am having some trouble doing so. I have attached some photos to better explain my predicament.

Is there a way to chamfer just the outside corner? In the chamfer window there is an option to "apply to all corners" but I cannot deselect this option. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Images.jpg
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Rockstar
cdaubert:

The Fillet/Chamfer is calculated from the Reference Line of the Beam, which is the Origin in the Profile Editor, but changing this (by moving the Fill relative to the Origin) will not help: the new Beam created when Chamfering will still be the entire Profile, not just the top part you need. Another approach is to convert the Beams to a Morph and edit the Morph, or divide the Profile into two parts: top to chamfer and bottom not chamfered.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14