Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Column Tilt...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey y'all... I'm working on details that require a column (actually, studs.... but I'm using a custom profile and a column so's I can cut a section later) to tilt in two directions.

The big column constructed with steel studs (columns) and board and stucco is square in plan and tapered in section, so at the corners the studs need to tilt in both the x and y directions. When I've assigned a degrees-off in the selection settings, I can only get a mono-directional tilt.

Is there any way to get the studs to tilt at a diagonal instead of along a single axis?

Should I build this detail differently? Is there a more (steel) stud-appropriate tool I could use?

Thanks...

Picture 2.png
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
Philippe wrote:
BTW, I probably missed something about what BS mean in "American abrevation"
Hope nothing obscene
Not obscene. Just mildly scatological in a bovine sort of way.
Oh, that expression? I did not know it was an US copyright.
I have seen many British gentlemen extensively using it. Strongly clung to their ski, they insulted the snow because it slid.
I couldn't imagine using it about steel profiles. It is rather hard stuff, isn't?
Definitively off topic.
So what about "OBJECTIVE" BS?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Philippe wrote:
Slightly off topic but as far as I can see in your image, the steel profile's library is BS. Do you also include Euro-Norm profiles?
Sorry, I missed this question in the, erm... interesting preceding discussion about bovine bowel motions

We provide a variety of British and US profiles, but not Euro-Norm. We're happy to add whatever standard are sought by users - just forward the relevant details to us.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ralph wrote:
Philippe wrote:
Slightly off topic but as far as I can see in your image, the steel profile's library is BS. Do you also include Euro-Norm profiles?
Sorry, I missed this question in the, erm... interesting preceding discussion about bovine bowel motions

We provide a variety of British and US profiles, but not Euro-Norm. We're happy to add whatever standard are sought by users - just forward the relevant details to us.
I do not know yet where to find a collection of EN profiles in CAD format but AC comes, at least in Switzerland, with a full collection of steel profile's objects based on BS and EN format, so the profile is already SOMEWHERE inside AC. How to extract that or to get it from GS, I don't know the best solution. And if I am the only one interested in, forget it.