Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile Openings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

After researching the forum I couldn't find an answer to my problem. Here it is.

I have created a complex profile composed of 4 elements : a central insulation panel (green), a top and a bottom metal rail (orange), an exterior glass coating (blue).
I wish to create openings only in the central insulation panel (green). But every setting I try changing (opening reference line, for example) brings me to a negative issue.
My last attempt has been to, in the window setting, reveal a part of the wall. But the revealed part isn't the same material as the exterior glass coating of the complex profile.

Could anyone give me a little hint?

Thank you very much,
Alexander.

Capture d’écran 2013-05-28 à 15.16.46.jpg
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use the niche part in the window library to avoid penetrating the wall.

Getting the material right is a bit trickier. Materials are just surface features in ArchiCAD. When you cut into a wall you will get the end/edge material setting on all surfaces. I can think of two ways to get this to work.

1. Use SEOs set to use the operators' materials and adjust the operators accordingly.

2. Make a very thin void in the profile so you can apply the glass material to the back side of the glazing.

It could also be done with a custom niche part but that's probably a bit much unless you're into it.