cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile/SEO issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I've got a stud wall and I want the siding to extend down past the plywood subfloor to a couple inches below the top of concrete wall. The stud wall is using the wall tool, and the rim board & sole plate are CP's. See the below image that shows the wall currently set atop the subfloor.
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
So I change the bottom of wall from 0" to -6" and look what happens. It's swallowing the rim board even though they are different materials and the rim board has a higher priority. The TJI floor framing is still showing....
wall 2.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Next I use SEO with downwards extrusion to extrude the siding down but keep the studs above the plywood subfloor. As you can see, it still "swallows" the rim board... Any suggestions or advice? This is the first house I'm really pushing the 3D with...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I apologize the fills were the same (I changed them but did not update the CP part) but I'm still getting the wall swallowing the rim board. And when I drop the stud wall down completely below the rim board and do a SEO the rim disappears.
Anonymous
Not applicable
using complex wall profile you can just extend the structural sheathing and siding below the core of the wall. If you want to you can include the rim joist and sill plate below it all attached the the wall. Leave the bottom of the plate of the wall at the insertion point. Also leave a space for the floor sheathing over your rim joist to the exterior sheathing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about the vertical lines they are for a width stretch, ie 2x4 to 2x6 walls.
Karl Ottenstein
Agree with Gary - no need for SEO here. CP Walls are your friend in this situation.

Minor clarification:
Gary wrote:
Leave the bottom of the plate of the wall at the insertion point.
What Gary is calling the insertion point is the origin mark in the profile editor (bold x). When you specify the base height of the wall when placing it, the base corresponds to this origin. Anything below will extend downwards.

Some people model the extended sheathing with an extra wall of just sheathing thickness (oldie goldie method).
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
The wall swallowing effect is likely due to intersection priorities. Increase the priority for the rim joist or reduce it for the wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok got it, thanks. I was wondering if CP's would be ideal for this situation. It seems like they're good for almost anything.

Now can someone make a complex profile that will solve the Israeli-Palestinian situation?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
Ok got it, thanks. I was wondering if CP's would be ideal for this situation. It seems like they're good for almost anything.
Now can someone make a complex profile that will solve the Israeli-Palestinian situation? :lol:
C.P.'s are what I use and works good for 1st floor to second floor also, extending the 1st floor sheeting half way up rim joist and 2nd floor down to meet it. Pop a couple EN lines (or nail objects) in and you've got a great beginning of a structural braced wall detail anywhere you make your cuts.

"Can't we all just get along?" Rodney King I believe.