cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile Stretch

Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Hello,
I can't get the center cut on this spandrel guardrail to remain constant while stretching the ends to fit varying column spacing. Any ideas how to achieve this?
Horizontal and vertical stretch lines are on in the manager, still the cut deforms while stretching the piece.
Thanks in advance.

Ed

Screen shot 2011-09-12 at 11.38.49 AM.png
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think it is possible to have multiple stretch areas along the same plane (vertical, horizontal). The CP editor only allows you to have two lines on the Horizontal Stretch layer and profile is being stretched proportionally between those two lines. Any new line placed into the CP editor is placed on the Drafting layer and doesn't impact the 3D geometry of the CP.
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Yep, thanks for the reply.
I'll guess I'll have to use a wall with a constant opening instead.

Ed
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was thinking about your profile a little further - since you indicated the groove/reveal is a fixed number, why don't you cut the profile in half where half the groove/reveal is at one end of the wall and the other end is stretchable. Then place the two walls side by side at the groove/reveal? Despite the clean up in section views, I guess the only downside to that may be the line at the "center" of the groove/reveal on floor plan view.
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Hmmm, not a good idea to duplicate each panel, got many sizes & the point is to model them in a way that it is easy to modify if column spacing or width changes. I made a WALLHOLE window & it works well. Also the line in the middle is not what we want in this case. Thanks for your input anyway.
Ed
sinceV6
Advocate
I don't know if this is what you need.

If you are making reveals in walls, remember that you can use columns and beams to cut geometry out of walls and slabs. You can make the cut you need as a column/beam custom profile, and use'em either as SEO elements, or let them do their magic using priorities. Place them in separate layers to hide using layer combos and make them wireframe only so they don't get in the way when editing.
reveals.jpg
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Yes, this is an alternate method that works as well. In the end I opted for a regular wall with a custom hole. Thanks.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Loosely related...

Why the #$#@ or How the *&^% does the VERTICAL STRETCH LAYER get locked... and HOW THE *#&$ do you UNLOCK IT...

Can you tell a deadline is looming!

I have run into this in the past but it was the DRAFTING layer... Simply trying to draw something on that layer bring up the dialog box to SHOW & UNLOCK layer... But you can't set anything to draw on the VERTICAL STRETCH LAYER, so I can't use this trick...

Yes, the stretch boundaries show up, but I need to move them and can't...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Nevermind... I finally got it to see the OPTION CLK and proceeded with methodology described in previous post...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Duane,

To your original question--How do you control the locking/unlocking of the stretch layers? OPT-CLK what and what methodology were you referring to?
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)