cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile Stretch

Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Hello,
I can't get the center cut on this spandrel guardrail to remain constant while stretching the ends to fit varying column spacing. Any ideas how to achieve this?
Horizontal and vertical stretch lines are on in the manager, still the cut deforms while stretching the piece.
Thanks in advance.

Ed

Screen shot 2011-09-12 at 11.38.49 AM.png
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
13 REPLIES 13
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
HI Dave! Good to "e" you again!

Method was to option click, then try to draw a line... It will ask if you want to UNLOCK that layer...

It was hit and miss whether this would work or not.. often, even if you option click on the stretchy line, it might make CONSTRUCTION ELEMENTS (or whatever that other layers is) the default...

Voila!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Dave Jochum
Advocate
Hmmm. Don't get it. OPT-CLK just brings up the syringe as in any other view, and like you say, makes the DRAFTING layer active. So the next line drawn is simply a drafting line rather than a stretchy line, which makes sense since there is a limit of one stretch zone per direction. I'm flummoxed. Why would the layer become locked in the first place?
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
Dave Jochum
Advocate
And just so I'm completely frustrated, I also can't stretch the wall that is using the profile with stretch zones active.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
FuzzyWill
Newcomer
I just wanted to thank Duane for his raising the issue of the Horizontal & Vertical Stretch layers being locked. And then for posting his solution.

That was seriously pissing me off why these were becoming inactive. That seems like a basic functionality issue. I don't see this getting a lot of action as a vote getter, but is there a bug list somewhere that we can add this item?

thanks!

Wm.