Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex Profile errors

MMontgomery
Enthusiast
We are experiencing an odd error with complex profiles.

We have a project that, when opened, applies the complex profile from a different project in place of the complex profile the project is supposed to be using. For instance, what should be crown molding in this project is using a profile we created in another project for a slatted fence.

This can happen with either one project open or both. They are both from the BIM server.

We created a new profile for the one that was using the wrong profile in case there was some sort of UID issue. Now the project opens with that profile using a different incorrect profile, instead of slatted fence, it now uses a metal panel complex profile we created in the other project.

To fix it is simple, just select the object, go to settings and hit 'OK' and it switches back to the correct complex profile.

How can this be avoided? It's simple to fix each time, but it does cause problems if it isn't done before printing a set.

Thanks,

Mike
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
15 REPLIES 15
Billy Earnest
Contributor
We have been experiencing this, too.....for quite a while. I thought it had gone away....maybe with the hotfix, but it hasn't. Myself & 2 other coworkers continue to experience it. 2 of us this monday morning, when going into ArchiCAD after being shut down over the weekend.....2 separate Teamwork Projects, one of us on an iMac & one on a Mac Pro. It doesn't 'build confidence'.....We are just keeping our eyes out for it, & 'reloading from server' when it happens.....sometimes reloading twice back to back.
iMac & MacBook Pro
JaredBanks
Mentor
Billy, are all the ArchiCAD 15 installations and the BIM server on Hotfix #3? I'd double check that.

Also the fix is super easy when it happens. Either of the solutions mentioned earlier work. Or just selecting the walls, going to cmd+T (selection settings) and then hitting enter. That fixes it. Yup. that easy.

If all the archicads and BIM servers are on AC15 Hotfix #3 and the problem still persists, I'd contact Nick or the other guys at GSNA tech support. I'm sure they can help you figure out where the gremlins are.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
JaredBanks
Mentor
Oh and... Welcome to the Forum.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Billy Earnest
Contributor
Thanks Jared. I don't know why I'm a 'guest' here.....I've never posted before (that I remember), but I've been watching, searching, & learning from these great forums since I started my ArchiCAD journey in early 2011....& logged in almost continuously the whole time.
I thought our office was already on Hotfix #3, but I just double-checked, & we're all on Build 3602, all users + BIMserver. (I wish Graphisoft would name all the builds/hotfixes clearly & consistently on the first page, so you didn't have to dig in to find that Build 3602 = Hotfix #2). Anyway.....we have been very cautious about loading upgrades here, because all the machines + BIMserver have to go at the same time, so 'Teamwork' will cooperate. I have shared this info. with the team here, & they will probably load the next appropriate upgrade in the near future. I will no longer be an employee here as of 8/16/12, but I'll keep my own archicad gear up to date. Like many others, this group is also sitting on AC16, waiting to make the move, but needs to do it strategically between ending/starting projects. Thanks!
iMac & MacBook Pro
Billy wrote:
I don't know why I'm a 'guest' here.....I've never posted before (that I remember), but I've been watching, searching, & learning from these great forums since I started my ArchiCAD journey in early 2011....& logged in almost continuously the whole time.
Your status is "Guest" for [I believe] your first 10 posts, and then it progresses from there. To be a member, you must participate, not just observe
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Billy Earnest
Contributor
Got it.....will do.
iMac & MacBook Pro