Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Complex geometry

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Quick introduction, as I am new to this forum:
I am a Norwegian architect, with a bachelor from Newcastle uni Australia. While studying there we used Archicad (then version 9 and 10). I have been working 2 years as an architect in Luxembourg, where we used Autocad Architecture. As I am going back to uni (this time in Germany) to take my masters degree, I would like to get back into ArchiCAD, because the uni here uses that.

I have a model I did for my firm in Luxembourg in Autocad which was fairly complicated, and I would like to redo this in ArchiCAD as a learning process.

My first problem are the non-rectangular walls, for instance the front wall. How to create this in ArchiCAD? Is it possible with the wall tool, or do I have to use another tool to create it? Or solid element operations?

I would greatly appreciate it if I could get some assistance recreating this model.

Cheers, Eirik

render shell.jpg
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Laszlo.

Thank you for your help. Yesterday, my son was born, so I will spend time with him and my wife in the next weeks. It will be a bit of time before I get back to this project, but I will return and keep you updated of the progress.

Cheers, Eirik
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey, congratulations.
Complex Geometry will wait for you.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
I hope that Eirik will have the opportunity to take this project to the next level with ArchiCAD, creating a virtual model based on real materials and components.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25