Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite wall refenrence line

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

Pending my training coming next month, I am going through the tutorial and wonder how to get the reference line to attach to edge of stud rather that face or center of composite walls.. I see it can be done on existing walls...

Also, what's the quickest way to measure the length of a wall? can't find a measure command..

Finally, is R1 1410 the latest patch (USA)?

Thank You
4 REPLIES 4
David Pacifico
Booster

how to get the reference line to attach to edge of stud rather that face or center of composite walls.. I see it can be done on existing walls...

Same way, In the upper right corner of the wall settings dialog box you can specify how much you want it offset.
what's the quickest way to measure the length of a wall? can't find a measure command..

I still prefer to place the user origin at one end of what I want to measure, then move the cursor to the other end, then read the delta R value in the coordinate box. You could also use the Window/Floating Pallets/ Element Information.
Finally, is R1 1410 the latest patch (USA)?

Yes
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank You David.. I really have to work on customizing shortcuts as am the keyboard type..
David Pacifico
Booster
Shift-ALT will relocate your User Origin when your cursor is on a node. You could also set a keyboard shortcut to toggle the element info box on and off. Options/Customize/Keyboard Shortcuts under Menu Commands.
For a list of keyboard shortcuts for Actions and Tools check my last newsletter:
http://www.parch.com/news/news75.html
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.. will take a look...