cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite walls intersections and ends

jamespage11
Participant
Hi

I'm trying to draw a number of walls with a continuous cavity throughout. I set up a composite with two skins of brickwork and a 50mm cavity, but I can't seem to (1) get the walls to intersect properly, so that the brickwork joins up or (2) end the wall properly, with a skin of brickwork at the edge. In the picture attached, all the walls are standard 230mm cavity walls drawn with the same composite structure. Surely there's a way to get the composite fills to behave like standard construction?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix these two problems?

untitled.PNG
Cape Town, South Africa

AC 24
Windows 10
Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
3 REPLIES 3
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
1) Did you setup the skin priorities in your composite? You shoud make it similar to the picture below where your inner and outer skins have the same number and your air space is higher.

2) I believe the best solution right now is the wall end tool. In Toolbox under the "More" heading. You can use the "Wrapped End Tool" and match the properties to the inside/outside skins of the wall.

HTH
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
jamespage11
Participant
Thanks for your help! I never quite understood those priority settings before, but now I get it! Same thing will work if there's plaster or insulation, etc. Highest priority overrides lower ones. Thanks.

As for the wall end tool, that helps, but doesn't work around openings.. I managed to solve the problem though by doing a little more fiddling and searching and there's actually a setting in the door or window itself not the wall which fixes it.

Image attached for future reference.
untitled.PNG
Cape Town, South Africa

AC 24
Windows 10
Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz
NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
jamespage11,

Excellent. Good stuff!