Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composite walls

BillCurtis
Participant
This is my first post to this forum and I did scanned through the forum and didn't see a topic specific to my question so here goes.

When developing composite walls in v14, is it possible to assign a plane in the wall that will be the face of structure even if it is not the outside of the wall. What I am trying to do is a series of what ifs for super insulated walls. I want to start with a basic 2x4 or 2x6 wall that aligns with the foundation wall. I want to then be able to replace that wall with different wall(s) that have exterior insulation skins that overhang the foundation. I want to be able to change them directly, without having to move the walls into the proper structural orientation so the the face of the structural part of the wall again lines up with the foundation. Being able to do this would greatly speed up the process of trying different concepts. Thanks for you help.
Archicad v25, PC Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
Dwight
Newcomer
You need to:

• create your composites
• place sample composite walls to establish the correct offset for each composite in the wall dialog.
• save each configuration as a Favorite
• remember the names you give each alternative.
• select the favorite and use the syringe tool to change the composite wall type.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
BillCurtis wrote:
This is my first post to this forum and I did scanned through the forum and didn't see a topic specific to my question so here goes. When developing composite walls in v14, is it possible to assign a plane in the wall that will be the face of structure even if it is not the outside of the wall....
This is the Reference line of the wall.
BillCurtis
Participant
Thank you both for your help. I remembered from a previous version of ArchiCAD that it was something easy, but it been a while and I could for the life of me remember the solution.
Archicad v25, PC Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
and if you use the complex profile tool to build your composite walls the reference line is the origin point in the complex profile window - quite handy actually...move the assembly over the origin point so that it aligns with the desired 'plane'.....