Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Convert ArchiCAD 7 to ArchiCAD 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I convert ArchiCAD 7 to ArchiCAD 16 without saving it to each version above it. We all use ArchiCAD 16 on Mac OSX.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
jacbauer27 wrote:
How do I convert ArchiCAD 7 to ArchiCAD 16 without saving it to each version above it. We all use ArchiCAD 16 on Mac OSX.
http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/fileconverter.html
(and cross fingers!)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project in archiCAD 7 and I need to bring the information to ArchiCAD 16. Having to have to rely on ArchiCAD 10 or even worst Mac OS X Snow Leopard to convert my file is ridiculous!! Is there any pluggin that I can download to achieve the same objective?

(Since the Rosetta environment is discontinued in 10.7. We advise to keep an old machine with Mac OS X Snow Leopard, or prepare a dual boot machine with 10.6 and 10.7.
Or use the ArchiCAD 10 file converter because it runs on 10.7 and 10.8.)
Eduardo Rolon
I don't get the issue. In order to open an AC07 file you download the AC10 converter, open the file, save it and then open it in 16. Not that many steps. As far as I know there are reasons as to why this is the better procedure than to jump from 7 to 16, for example the integration of Plotmaker into AC, change in the way objects are handled etc
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator