Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Core Only in Composite Wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello:

I have a composite CMU wall with metal furring and GWB on both sides. I tagged the wall as load-bearing and set the reference line Core Outside. When I set the Partial Structure Display to Core Only for structural purposes, the furring and GWB on the reference line is not turned off, whereas the furring and GWB on the opposite side (non-reference line) is turned off. How do I turn off the furring and GWB on the reference line side? Thanks

Wall.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
The skins on the reference line side must be tagged as 'core' in the composite settings. Can you post a screenshot of the composite settings dialog for this wall?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ken,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The GWB was set as finish but the metal stud and the masonry were set as core. When I changed the metal stud to finish, it worked. Now only the masonry shows as core. Thanks again for your help.
Karl Ottenstein
Great. Glad you found it. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB