Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Corner Trim on Wood Siding - Possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am wondering how to attach wood corner trim to houses with wood siding. I want them to show up in the elevations automatically. Also, what about brick quoins a the corners. Any traditional residential master out there?

Thanks,
Stan
32 REPLIES 32
aahatimo
Newcomer
thanks for all the replys!
thin walls, slabs, & roofs all work for corner boards, but i agree w/ tobias a simple gdl object may work better for some.
what i could use is a fairly simple corner board object that snaps to the sheathing layer at the corner and has options for standard or custom trim sizes & could be either mitred or butted.
i was able to do this w/ parch's siding tool, but that add on does not work now w/ build 1010 (ask david). i may purchase cadimage's accessory tools if it will assist me with both this and board & batten siding ( a whole other problem w/ ac) http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5170&postdays=0&postorder=desc&highlight=board+b.... how long until an update breaks that add on?
thanks! timo
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tim,
I made two objects, a horizontal/vertical trim board and a rake trim board
that might be useful to you. If you want I can send them to you.
Peter Devlin
aahatimo
Newcomer
peter,
thanks that would be great!
aaha@mac.com
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]