cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Create and use a new panel type for a curtain wall

Myrha18
Contributor

Hi,  

I created a new panel type, which is located in the embedded library (called : "fenêtre coulissante v2"). But when I try to choose it, when creating a curtain wall, archicad only proposes the basic list of panel type. I cannot add any type. 

Any idea of how I could resolve that issue ? 

Thank you very much.

embeded library.png

type de panneaux mur rideau.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Out of curiosity, I gave this a go, and was able to create a distinct panel in the CW with a standard slider (see snip).  As Barry and Lingwisyer noted, you can give it a sub-type, but it carries its attributes into the CW and does not assimilate to those of the CW.

For this test, I opened the standard slider window in the GDL Object Editor from the AC File, Libraries and Objects menu (not selecting it on plan).  I then made a copy to the Embedded Library (for simplicity), and selected the sub-type 'CW custom panel' under 'Model Elements'.  (For this test, I made no other changes in size or attributes.)  It successfully came into the available CW panels.  I selected a panel, changed to Distinct, and selected the slider.  So, it did work into the scheme when selected, but merely as a static 'panel' element.  Seems to have anchored the sill center-point of the window to the lower left corner of the panel.

Basic Slider as CW Custom Panel.png

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly

Sorry my screen shots are English.

When saving, make sure you save it as a 'Curtain Wall Panel' - which I assume you did do.

BarryKelly_1-1689342669111.png

Then in the curtain wall settings, there should be a "CW Custom Panel" - I believe in French? it should be "Panneau personnalisé MR"

BarryKelly_0-1689342650970.png

If you are not seeing the "Custom Panel" option, then that usually means there is something missing from your loaded libraries, or maybe you have duplicate libraries loaded?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry, 

Thank you very much for your answer. I found the custom panel, but the result is quite strange. It does not look like a window at all. I just saved the basic sliding window (converted- or not, i tried both- nto a form) as a CW panel, but when i want to use it it looks like a big wooden wall... 

capt2.pngcapt1.png

Lingwisyer
Guru

Basic sliding window? Are you sure you did not just save the wall? Depending on the default window vs. curtain wall panel paramters, you might be able to open the window object and change it's subtype. This would give you more functionality, though if the default parameters are different, doing this would be a bit complicated...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Solution

Out of curiosity, I gave this a go, and was able to create a distinct panel in the CW with a standard slider (see snip).  As Barry and Lingwisyer noted, you can give it a sub-type, but it carries its attributes into the CW and does not assimilate to those of the CW.

For this test, I opened the standard slider window in the GDL Object Editor from the AC File, Libraries and Objects menu (not selecting it on plan).  I then made a copy to the Embedded Library (for simplicity), and selected the sub-type 'CW custom panel' under 'Model Elements'.  (For this test, I made no other changes in size or attributes.)  It successfully came into the available CW panels.  I selected a panel, changed to Distinct, and selected the slider.  So, it did work into the scheme when selected, but merely as a static 'panel' element.  Seems to have anchored the sill center-point of the window to the lower left corner of the panel.

Basic Slider as CW Custom Panel.png

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

Sounds like the CW UI works differently to standard GDL objects. Was hoping it would just insert the objects UI into one of the CW UI dialogues. Given the size did not stretch to fit, CW panels must not use A and B, we would need to modify the script to draw upon the relevant parameters.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Myrha18
Contributor

Thank you very much for your suggestions !

Hey, I've got a similar problem - I made a custom curtain wall panel (easy just a custom static shape) and when loaded into a curtain wall it appears as flat, basic panel instead. I'm not as advanced user. Could you please explain the solution once more and more for a stupid person like me?

Hi,

I have the same problem. How did you solve this? Im not smart from the solution posted lower.

Thanks a lot 🙂