Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating a fill with Oval

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I"m trying to create a fill (for OBJECTiVE profile) using a modified circle, which makes the shape slightly oval.

When I space-click with the fill tool, the fill reverts to the original circle, not the modified oval and using the pet pallet tools don't work.

Any ideas how I can do this please?

cad.png
16 REPLIES 16
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
There's no reason why this shouldn't work.

Are you magic wanding inside the oval or on the edge or on a node? Perhaps isolate just one oval and try all three?

You may also want to check your magic wand settings under the Options menu.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are my magic wan settings. I've tried each oval separately and I can only get it to fill if I click inside the oval - changing the setting hasn't made a difference.
Screen Shot 2014-06-16 at 16.35.40.png
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Your magic wand settings look fine.

You should be able to magic wand right on the edge of the oval. Are you sure you have it isolated? Perhaps create another and test it?

I can't think why else it wouldn't work.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've created a new document and it works just fine! But my project is in a project file... Can I 'reset' the file somehow to see if that works?

Thanks for your help.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Do you have a trace reference turned or grid snap on or are there any other elements that the magic wand may be picking up on?

First maybe try testing new ovals in the same project. On different story, in a different area, in a different viewpoint, etc.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have any snaps on, or any trace references... It works in Elevations, but on any plans (stories) it doesn't work, very strange!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Indeed. At the very least you can copy/paste from the elevation window onto the floor plan.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
... Well it was working, now it's not again! Restarted computer, new file, this is stupid!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is there any chance that your Grid Snap is turned ON in the Floor Plan Viewpoint? It is a Viewpoint-specific setting so it may not be turned on in the Section Viewpoint and what you want to do works, but it is tuned ON in the Floor Plan Viewpoint and it does not work there.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27