Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating custom wall profile.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am extremely new to Archicad, and am trying to figure out how to make a custom wall profile. I want to create something like a wall sheathed with corrugated metal. I'd like to be able to control the size of the corrugation. I have tried using the profile manager, but the profile I created runs horizontally on the wall; I'd like the pattern (the corrugation) to run vertically. Is there a way to create a segment of a wall say a foot in length, and have it repeat as I extend the wall repeating the custom shape?

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
not directly.

You can use the polygon wall tool to trace a corrugated line, but no rubberbanding.... but there's another problem: excess polygons. The more polygons, the longer the imaging takes.

You'd treat this like a long element and trim it to suit.

You will bog your 3D views down fairly quickly with unbridled corrugations. This is why there's a bitmap pattern in the library to fake corrugations in a rendering.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm... I guess I'll have to make that work for the time being. If anyone else has any ideas/solutions, I'd love to hear them.
Jere
Expert
Build the wall without the cladding and then add the corrugated metal using the built-in library symbol?
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
TomWaltz
Participant
Surface treatments like that are usually just a bitmap material with a fill attached to the mateiral. It's really rare to need to model them.
Tom Waltz
TomWaltz wrote:
Surface treatments like that are usually just a bitmap material with a fill attached to the mateiral. It's really rare to need to model them.
I totally agree. We had corrugated siding on a recent project, but certainly didn't model it (I imagine that this could really bog things down). We relied on the corrugated texture for renderings, fills for elevations, and a corrugated linetype where applicable in details.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004