BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Curtain Wall Overall Shape and Adjustment of Individual Members

Josh Verran
Expert

I have two queries relating to curtain walls, I could do two separate posts, but they are somewhat related.

First Query.
I've used the Redefine Boundary From Fill command, however I now need to alter that boundary.
For the life of me I can't find how to redefine.

I have tried; clear all connections, right-click menu, design menu, tried using another fill, and dialogue settings to no avail.

Screenshot 2023-07-13 132343.jpg

Second Query.
I want to trim only the orange members so the tops intersect the red curve, and the bottoms intersect the blue curve.
Trimming and extend options aren't available. I have tried to manually stretch each one, but you only appear to be able move, not alter length.
Screenshot 2023-07-13 132738.jpg

The hope is to get something that looks like this (example using columns).
Screenshot 2023-07-13 133052.jpg

GRAPHISOFT CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER

ARCHICAD 18-27 | BIMcloud Basic | CI Tools | Grasshopper - Rhino | CloudCompare | Bluebeam

LinkedIn | www.creativespace.co.nz | Tauranga, New Zealand

Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i9-9900K @3.60GHZ | 32Gb RAM | 2xSamsung S27F350 1920x1080 60Hz | Nvidia Quadro P2200 (5Gb)
1 REPLY 1
runxel
Legend

Using another fill and the command again works fine for me...

You can also edit the boundary in the edit mode of the CW. Just make sure you go into the scheme grid.

You can then either make adjustments to the boundary there, or you draw something new. See also https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/128176/

The second thing only works with two different CWs. Or you would go into there and adjust every single frame. (not a real option tho)

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!