Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Door Panel Materials

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I can model custom door panels fine and save them and use as normal, however is there a way to save them so that i can change the material as you can with AC library doors?

If you save the panel as a door and not a door leaf you can choose to change the material, but not if you save as a door leaf?

Cheers.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The short answer is no. Though this is not necessarily absolute and there is a workaround.

The door panel is saved as a macro with the material settings embedded so unless the calling part has an override option it will use the internally defined setting.

If you need to change the panel material globally you can change the settings of the source parts (you did keep them around I hope) and resave.

If you need a choice of materials you can save several panels with the various material settings and choose from the list in the door parts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Matthew, I thought this was the case.

Just seems strange that if you do save the door leaf as an actual door not the door leaf then you can choose the options like any other custom library part.

cheers again.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
This is high on my wishlist also...

At the very least, let me override ALL materials of the custom door panel macro with the door leaf material...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Sorry... but I just hate starting new threads... and this is loosely related...

I've created a custom door panel (with high and low louvers [why isn't that a standard selection?])....

Any way after TW... crash ... back to PLN (and I can't pinpoint the exact time)... two custom panels have DISAPPEARED (I have NO options in the custom door selector)...

Naturally, I can't remember what I named them.... so I cant FIND them... but here's the rub...

One was a Garage DOOR panel... While I can select the door and verify that the CUSTOM PANEL is NOT there (in the list)... it DOES show up in 3d!

But the other louvered door does not show up in the list and I get NO PANEL showing up in 3d (looks like a slab door, but wire frame)..

Any ideas? I just noticed it, so maybe a restart will help...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Ok... very f'in frustrating....

The panel is there... it's an embedded object... it opens as a CUSTOM DOOR LEAF, yet there are NO options in the custom door selector in the door object...

What can I do?
Duane

Visual Frontiers