Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Line types with text

Anonymous
Not applicable
To All,
Please let me know if there is a way to create custom line types with text in it. (i.e. sanitary sewer, water lines, etc)

Thank you

~DDJUSA
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
if there is a way to create custom line types with text in it. (i.e. sanitary sewer, water lines, etc)

I think you could do it by drawing your lines and adding vectorized text elements between the lines. Then copy it all from plan view & make a new symbol line type + paste it in view.
The other way would be to create a parameterized (<- does that word exist in the real world?) 2D object
Dwight
Newcomer
in the past I have made stick lettering with line segments.
Dwight Atkinson
DDJUSA wrote:
To All,
Please let me know if there is a way to create custom line types with text in it. (i.e. sanitary sewer, water lines, etc)

Thank you

~DDJUSA
Yes. I have about 100 of them I could e-mail you.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Dwight
Newcomer
What method?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steve,
It would be very helpful.
Thank you?

~DDJUSA
Dwight wrote:
What method?
I have had these lines for so long I don't remember how I made them, or if I even did. I think some of them they may have shown up after importing .dwg's for the surveyor and some of them probably came from Eric Bette. Eric is a good source for this stuff and is working on some new templates for ArchiCAD 9. Keep an eye on www.getstandardized.com
The attached zipped-up .ATT file (version 9)has linetypes that some who see this link may find useful. It also has a lot of junk lines I was to lazy to delete. sorry

Also, i have no idea how to use an .ATT file. I made it with the Attributes Manager.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25