Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom Profile Scheme Importation

Anonymous
Not applicable
I upgraded from AC 13 to AC 14, and when I was doing so, I got a message that told me if I imported old schemes, I would not be able to use some of the new features from 14, so I did not do so.

My question is thus: Is there a way to import my old scheme, or do I just have to set it up again. I went to AC 14 online help, and it said to open an old project in AC 14, then save the profile. When I open an old scheme, I get the new standard profile. Arrrggg.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In AC13 go to the Work Environment Dialog and export the full Profile you need. It will save the Profile and the Schemes references within it.
Then in AC14 import that Profile.
Mostly the biggest problem in such a case is that menu commands of the newer version are not visible if the profile from an earlier version was migrated. In such a case you need to add these.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the reply. I did exactly what you recommended. I stored scheme in a folder I named profiles, but when I tried to import it into 14, it (the profile) was "grayed out". I just went ahead and set up my profile in 14 manually. Again, thank you for the reply.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is working for me.
When I get to the Import Profile Dialog and choose a folder, the profile then appear in the list, I select it and the Import button becomes enabled.
I click Import and it is done.
What may be tricky is if you exported your profile named "My Profile", then in AC14 you have to choose the folder containing the "My Profile" folder. You do not choose the "My Profile" folder.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27