Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom curtain wall panel scaling

martinij
Booster
Hello!
I'm working with making a custom curtain wall panel in ArchiCAD 24. The process of making the panel is no problem. As shown in the attachment I have a 1000x1000 panel with a x on it.

When I make a curtain wall with 1000x1000 grid and the custom panel everything looks fine as long as there is a full panel in the pattern. At the ends I only have 500 in this example. What happens then is that ArchiCAD scales the custom panel to fit in the 1000x500 square.

The question:
Is there any way I can make ArchiCAD not scale but cut the panel to fit the grid? The result should then display a half x instead of a scaled x.

Martin Isak Jansen
(I'm the one everyone at my company asks the tech questions)
www.artec.no
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think it is possible, but you would have to open and edit the 3D script of the custom Curtain Wall panel to achieve it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
martinij
Booster
That does not sound to scary. I've been looking around in GDL object before but have not that much experience that I can figure it out on my own. Any clues or ideas on how/where in the object I can find the solution?

EDIT:
I've posted in the GDL/Library part development part of the forum and asked for assistance there as well.
Martin Isak Jansen
(I'm the one everyone at my company asks the tech questions)
www.artec.no