Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom fence

Amangava
Participant

Greetings, I am relatively new to the Archicad software and I have a question regarding the possibility of customizing fences. Is it possible to model a complex fence that would be a combination of stone with iron bars and what would be the most efficient method to achieve that? I will attach an example of what I have in mind.
I have searched for the solution and for now the complex profile one looks like it would cover what I am looking for but maybe there are some more options. Thank you in advance! 

Ex1.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

And if You really want them to curve, you can make a copy (to keep an intact original on hand), turn it to moprh and then you can curve it using the bounding box tool. Very nice model @Erwin Edel !

Magic wand picks up the curves fine for me. Complex profile walls / beams are simplified in terms of curve detail afterward, so polycount stays quite low.

It works fine for sections/elevations to 1:50 scale or so and artist impressions that are printed to about A4, I would say. In other words, it suits our purposes.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

@jl_lt wrote:

Ane if You really want them to curve, you can make a copy (to keep an intact original on hand), turn it to moprh and then you can curve it using the bounding box tool. Very nice model @Erwin Edel !

Thank you. The model is inspired by an existing building in such disrepair, it is basically not viable to save it. We modelled this after old photographs.

The existing building is roughly 100 years old, so it's a nice nod to the style of that era.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5