Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom panel garage door?

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I'm at my wit's end. I'm kind of crash-learning ArchiCAD. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and am working on my first rendering, of a townhome quadplex. I'm doing pretty well, considering that I'm learning as I go along, but I've run into a problem that I just can't find the answer to. I'm hoping that someone here can help me.

The quadplex I'm working on has garage doors that are pretty simple but that do not match any of the ones that come in ArchiCAD's native object library. (We have version 9, BTW.) Now, the type that I'm using (A D1 garage door) has a style called "Custom Panel", which is what I'm guessing that I need to use here...but I can't find any information on how to use it, not in the reference guide or the training guide that came with the software. So, can anyone give me a few pointers on how to use that feature? Mind you, I am not an architect or any sort of professional of that kind. I'm good at computers and am fairly expert with 2D graphics programs like Photoshop, but I've not done any sort of 3D modelling; this is my first foray into that. The owner of my company wants to use the program mainly for marketing, so that renders and interior walk-throughs of buildings that he designs can be created, and that's what the focus of my attention with learning the program has been. So, if you have an answer for me, please bear all that in mind. That said, any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated because, as I said, I'm at my wit's end and am about to destroy my computer.

Thank you!
Susan Quinby
KW Geary Builders
2 REPLIES 2
TDabney
Enthusiast
Susan -
See this thread:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5743&highlight=

Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah, so that's how it works! Thank you so much!