Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom profiling walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am custom profiling a wall which has multiple components with different fills . I use the profile manager to create a profile by extending two of the fills downward to represent the exterior brickwork being laid along the slab footing. This works fine in creating the profile, but when I apply it to a wall the CutFill hatching disappears in floor plan view, but the relevant materials appear in elevation and 3D. Does anyone know how to fix this? I use Archicad12
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to the Forum.

Can you add a screen shot or two showing your custom profile and the Plan representation?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Also, your Floor Plan Cut Plane settings may be of interest.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DaveOlufs
Participant
I too am building custom profile walls.

The walls need to vary in width and then I'm trying to add horizontal coursing. I can create the walls but the plan views are distorted. I've heard that if I create too many fills in the profiler, I can slow down modeling, so I've simplified the profiles but still no change in plan. Apparently, that makes no difference.

The model looks fine, plan looks terrible. The highlighted areas are patches to cover the exterior walls. I've created 10 different patches just for the back half of the building and probably need another 10 for the front half.

There must be a better way.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please post an example!
My 2 cents would be that your wall is too short,
and is getting looked at from above by the floorplan cut-plane.
It happened to me just the other day and got me into
a wild goose chase for nothing.
🙂
Gil
DaveOlufs
Participant
Gil,

If you're responding to my composite wall question/comment... The wall is 20 foot high and the cutting plane is set at 4 foot.

If not, never mind.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Instead of saving those intersections as patches you can try to create profiles using the intended fill intersection patterns. Then you can assign each to a Column, place the Column at the intersection and it will cut itself from the Wall.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27