cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Custom tree bitmap in AC13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone, I was just trying to use some custom pics of plants in my project. I did everything as said in this tip ( http://www.archicadwiki.com/CustomBitmapPeople?highlight=%28CategoryLibrary%29 ), but somehow it doesn't work. I saved pic as both .GIF and .PNG without background, loaded it into embed library, but when I type its name in designated place and close the settings dialog, AC lets me know that it wasn't able to find pic with that name. What am I doing wrong? I'm attaching both pics so someone can check if I did that 'masking' correctly. And yes I tried to find program's own bitmaps and see how they are masked in PS, but i can't locate them.
7 REPLIES 7
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Višnja wrote:
I'm attaching both pics so someone can check if I did that 'masking' correctly.
Images not attached, try again.
Višnja wrote:
but when I type its name in designated place and close the settings dialog, AC lets me know that it wasn't able to find pic with that name.
You might try the image's name both with and then without the file name extension.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might try the image's name both with and then without the file name extension.

David

Tried, same result

.rar atached
Anonymous
Not applicable
another one, png this time
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would you mind attaching a jpg or png? These two files types are visible in the forum without the need to download. Thanks.

Regarding AC not finding the file: double check using an independent file viewer such as Explorer or Finder that the file name and location is where you think it is.

This post is a similar issue with trees.

I just repeated the ArchiWiki and got this result in AC13:
ArchiWiki Bitmap people.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well files are just too big, but never mind. I think I overcome the problem by creating a semi transparent material and assigning it to a thin wall. Because of the distance it won't be visible..... I know it's a butcher's way but it did a job
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not a butcher's job, I use this technique as well, it is a nice render technique and saves on render time. Here are some trees made with slabs, some are glass and others are just a solid green. They cast shadows which was my primary goal for a sun study. I avoided all the render time of real trees.
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Višnja:

To get your image to work in AC13, I converted the Gif to Tif and added a alpha channel. [The original gif works as is in 17, so there appears to be a change to the way masking is handled.]

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14