cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Default Settings for Line Polyline Circle Tools

JaredBanks
Mentor
Does anyone know how to change the default layer on the line/polyline/circle tools?

For some reason whenever I click on one of those tools (after clicking on different tool, say door or wall or slab) it defaults to a layer that I don't use (it's a layer for lines from a SketchUP model).

It doesn't matter if I was just using the tool on a different layer. Once I leave the tool it defaults to this other layer. It's driving me freaking CRAZY!

Anyone seen this before or know the solution?

Thanks. Oh this is on version 11.

jared
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
3 REPLIES 3
Stress Co_
Advisor
Are you certain your changing the default, and not just the selected line?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
JaredBanks
Mentor
Yes. I am trying to change the defaults and not specific lines. Upon further exploration, the layer switch happens when I go to the circle command from another non-line/polyline/circle command. So I can go from line to hatch and back without losing the chosen layer for the line tool, but if i go circle to hatch and back the layer for circle goes back to the BS layer regardless of what it was on before. ALSO to make this problem more fun, it happens regardless of having the 'uniform settings for line tools' checked or not.

If I open another instance of Archicad with a different file I don't have this problem. So I'm hoping there's just some button I checked somewhere deep on the settings of this particular file somewhere.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Did you ever find a solution for this? I have the same problem with the line tool defaulting to a layer called 'Equipment'.