Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Default background fill for library object is paverstones

Anonymous
Not applicable
Default background fill for library all the objects I insert is paverstones. Every time I insert an object I have to go into its attributes and change it. There are other defaults I would like to change to save time also. Can someone help?

Jeff

9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I remember this happening when I did not use New and Reset before starting a new project. In that case ArchiCAD will use the attributes (fills, line types, etc.) of the latest Project file opened, which could be an ArchiCAD file from another office using a completely different attribute set. All objects use fill 1 for example for background. After New and Reset that will be the correct fill.
Maybe you want to do a New and Reset and copy-paste your model into it, I hope it helps.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't try New and Reset. This will change ALL your preferences !
Simply use Attribute Manager...

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=113934&highlight=#113934
Anonymous
Not applicable
How don't see how you can change defaults in the attribute manager. And to reset the fill type I would have to go through every library element and change it. There must be some other way!!

Thanks for your help by the way.

This is my first time using the forum deal. And it's very cool.

Jeff
Erich
Contributor
Actually you don't have to go thorough every object and reset it's defaults. It is likely that the default material itself has been changed.

Laszlo's explanation for this is perhaps the most likely. However, if you or someone in your office if you are using a shared office library, changed the material definition itself that would have a similar global result. This can easily happen if you or someone else made a new material from an existing one but did not make a copy first.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jeff wrote:
...And to reset the fill type I would have to go through every library element and change it...
??

I agree Attribute Manager won't let you change the default link of fills within the object but it can help easily to replace the default material itself that has been changed / removed accidently.

I assume you have fill Paverstone positioned on number 65 or 64... As 2D/3D scripts of objects refer to numbers and not names, every new object inserted then will represent this fill.

Open Attribute Manager and check your fills in the left window (scroll down to numbers 64 and 65. In the right window, open an AC template or a drawing that behaves correctly and check it's fills located also at 64 and 65. If solid and emty fill : select both at your right and choose overwrite. Apply. OK.

Every new object will show up fine.

Laszlonagy has a good point anyway but it won't help you out effectively.
Copy / paste in a new template will not transfer your current layer structure, extra fills and materials (unless used in your model), model view options, system preferences, .....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I am puzzled.

Some how every single objects fill type in my file has changed its default to #85 Pavement 16 (sorry I was wrong about it being pavers).

No the fill type has not changed. I guess I could change the fill to "empty" but I would be loosing the other fill type and not finding out how to fiz it properly.

There must be some way to change library objects defaults. I mean I somehow did.

Maybe some kind of virus??

I don't want to start a file from "new", then I would loose all my other defaults.

Hmm

Well thanks anyways guys!!!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do a New and Reset and check what fill is Fill #85. I am curious.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
jbArch
Newcomer
I think the problem is when you start with an older file, especially one created in an older version of AC. I had a similar problem and solved it by doing what Joeri suggested, but instead of just changing a few fills I did the following:

1. Open attribute manager.
2. On the right pane I opened the AC template that came with archicad.
3. Select all the fills from the template and overwrite them to your project (might be smart to do a "save as" before all of this).
4. Now my library parts are OK.

Of course this will probably F-up your other fills big time, but I figured it was worth the hassle to change a few fills and save the headache of dealing with the library parts. Find & Select was a big help in getting these updated.

cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found this thread while searching for a way of changing the default pens and fills for objects.

We're trying to set up an office standard, and would like the fills to default to 'No Fill'.

Can we do this without having to save the edited objects in 'favorites'?