Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Delete Duplicates command

tsturm
Newcomer
We are working the Windows version of ArchiCAD. One of my coworkers and I came from using the Mac version.

We are trying to find the Delete Duplicates command for overlapping library parts. Did this tool get lost somewhere?

Also, does anyone have a really good way to clean up a drawing where someone accendially did a copy array without doing the offset then did it and never realized the original now had ten copies overlapping. Now we need to clean some part up there are ten lines in ONE spot. We just need the one line. How do we clean up fast?
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
4 REPLIES 4
RandyC
Advocate
Look in Goodies Folder
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
__archiben
Booster
tsturm wrote:
Now we need to clean some part up there are ten lines in ONE spot. We just need the one line. How do we clean up fast?
use the 'Select Duplicates...' command as you have correctly surmised: Tools>Add-on Manager... and load 'Check Duplicates Tool' from the 'Goodies' folder of your archiCAD installation . . .

the commands show up as 'Tools>Check Duplicates>Select... (safer) or >Delete...

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
tsturm
Newcomer
I found the Goodies Folder. Loaded the APX for the Goodies.

Then tried it out. Here is what I found.

This tool works on lines, polylines but not on fills.
It works on library parts.

Why does it not work on fills?

Can anyone help on this? Trying to clean up a drawing where a person took a grouped object of lines, text, fills, arcs and such, Did an array without an offset. Resulting in 20 copies in the same spot.

Any idea of the best way to clean house?

Regards
Terrence Sturm, Architect
AC 23 build
AC 24 build 5000
__archiben
Booster
tsturm wrote:
Why does it not work on fills?

Any idea of the best way to clean house?
i just tried it and found the same! a glaring bug that nobody has discovered before in my opinion. go ahead and report it with a vengeance! is it the same on your PC as it is with your mac?

the best way to clean house? all i can think of is selecting all fills and then methodically clicking over each in turn (with quick-select on) to deselect one of each . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup