Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Detail Part Marker - Cut Direction

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have started to use the Detail Part Marker_NCS for my details.

If I want to "flip" the side that the arrow is on I have been using a "negative" value for the Section Line Length.

This puts a line through the detail call-out.

What are others doing in order to "flip" the side the "call-out" is on?

I have tried Mirroring and rotating.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am just checking again to see if anyone has a solution to this. Is there a parameter that I am missing. I can not have the Detail Section Cut line "running through" my Detail Bubble and Marring the Text.
lagodue
Newcomer
Not to put too fine a point on the discussion, but the graphic you show is really a SECTION marker, not a DETAIL SECTION marker. As I know these things, a detail section marker does not have the arrow thingy. There is another detail marker without the directional/section implications.
"Bob" - Church of the Sub-Genius
Graphisoft afficionado since 1993
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I am refereing to a "Section" Detail. The actual Detail Marker is called "Detail Part Marker_NCS". I want the Detail to be a Section, and sometimes when I am "laying-out" the Sheet annotation I use a "negative" value for the Section Line Length in order to force the Section Line to a particular side of the Detail Bubble.

When the Detail Marker is angle is 0° or 180° this is not a problem. But when the Angle is 90° and I desire the "bubble" to be on top OR the angle is 270° and I want the "bubble" on the bottom, the Section line "runs through" the "bubble-text".

Yes I can always have the bubble on the bottom when the marker angle is at a 90° angle (looking left) and have the bubble on the top when the marker angle is at a 270° angle (looking right), but this does not always lay-out correctly with all the other sheet information. It is surprisingly more bothersome to me than I perhaps it should......
Detail SECTION.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you thought about using the section tool with the section part marker? This marker has a "flip" parameter which allows you to do what you're looking for. You can convert the section model to a drawing if you like. I have a recollection of the detail marker requiring some unusual technique to flip it (which seems bothersome), but I can't recall what it is.
Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use to use the Section Tool for most of my detailing. If the same detail was to be referenced other times in the drawing I would make a "fake" ( the section would only contain a Polygon and Text defining the detail) Section detail in the other location. This Fake section would have a defined view and the drawing number would be set to "Custom" and the number would have to manually be matched with the "true" Section detail as it was specified in Plotmaker. This of course was not automatic.

With the use of the Detail Tool I can reference the same detail all over my plan set and the Drawing number & Sheet number ar all correctly assigned within Plotmaker. This is the automation that I want and need.

My use of the detail tool has been a long time coming and I only see a few of the limitations that everyone else sees. This limitation that I am mentioned in this post does not seem to be mentioned by others. I thought that it was something that I have been doing wrong. Maybe just being a little too "anal" about which side of the marker that I want the Drawing & Sheet number.........
Anonymous
Not applicable
Am I the only one with this Problem?

Is this an item for the Wish List? Or is it to be "hot-fixed" in Build # ????