Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Disappearing Beams

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a file in which all the ceiling track (modeled as profiled beams) has vanished from the floor plan and I can't get it to show up at all on any story regardless of settings.

The file started out a bit strangely as an IFC from Revit which had no story at the project zero elevation. I figured it might be a problem but assumed I could straighten it out later.

Story 1 was at 118'-3" and stories 2-4 were at 16' floor to floor heights above. Below was a tunnel level at about 96'.

I have tried to correct it by revising the story settings and moving the ceiling track (beams) to other stories in 3D.

I have also tried all floor plan cut plane settings I can think of and all the different display settings for all stories, home story only etc, and outlines, projected with overhead, etc.

I also tried hotlinking an older version of the file into a newer one with no luck. I'll try a clean merge next but am not optimistic after the other failures.

So....

If anyone has any suggestions for what I may have missed I'd love to know.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
The infamous renovation filters?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
YAY! YIPPEE! THANKS! YAHOO!

I forgot all about that. Since I haven't figured out a way to used them for phased construction yet I haven't had any use for them.