BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Display of objects shift??? WTH

rob2218
Enthusiast
I just had the strangest experience with one of my models.
it's AC15, was doing a reflected ceiling plan.
was adding those "clng tag" objects...you know the ones...the circle with the cross-hair in the middle and it established the text for adding ceiling heights....well, was doing that adding some slabs and beams to the model. THEN all of a sudden, it appeared that the entire display...both in the viewmap AND the MODEL was shifted over from the text....it was a very strange and disturbing and could NOT get it back to normal.....

Luckily I had saved 2 backup copies of the PLN and well....it was ok but I have not a clue what caused this....

Q. Do the height tag objects if rotated (which you can't by the way) cause some sort of odd programming glitch???
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
2 REPLIES 2
NandoMogollon
Advocate
I'm trying to replicate what you were doing... but I think I didn't understand what are the "clng tag" objects. you are talking about. ( Levels maybe?)

Nando
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
rob2218
Enthusiast
yes...it's the "level tag" the one that automatically tries to select the height of the object it's tagging....and places a vertical "+" height value.

it was strange. I tried to rotate/mirror/ the level tag and after that...it flipped out the display location of objects....really really strange symptom.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Learn and get certified!