Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Display wall core only in AC11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is there a way to dispaly the wall cores only in AC11? I am wanting to show the full wall composite in my 1:50 sections and show only the core structure in the 1:100 plans. I see there is the Partial Structure function in AC12 onwards.

Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am afraid it is not possible in v11.
We had to come up with various workarounds like modeling the core separately on a different layer or modeling the composite wall out of several walls.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Unfortunately not much help, but seems I did something with a pen set (or emulated core-only (and saved view) somehow), but still would have to draw closing line at window /doors if I remember right, its been a while.
Maybe someone else can help out here.
lec
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Actually that may work.
You can create a Pen Set in which all skins and skin separator lines you don't want to see are displayed with a white pen.
Of course this is just a display thing but may give you the result you want.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Pen set approach:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=97839#97839
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, will give the penset method a go. This is the first time I've attempted a full documentation set 'live' in Archicad, definately a bit to learn. The partial structure display looks like a very handy tool, I think a software upgrade is long over due

Cheers