Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door/Window Schedule view scale

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone!

I am having some trouble with automatic window / door schedule.
I haven't quite figured out, if I set the scale to 1:50, then after leaving the schedule to some other tab (layout, plan etc), the scale resets back to 1:100, when I return to the schedule.

Thank you in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
Miha_M
Advisor
Try saving the schedule viewset. That should keep your view settings.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Johann_P
Advocate
I have the same issue.
The door schedule reverts back to 1:100 in the Project Map.
Granted, it does remain at 1:50 in the View Map.

But when I place the View Map onto a Layout the scale in the title show 1:1
This should read at the scale that the drawing / schedule is set.

How can I change the 1:1 in the Layout to match the 1:50 of the View?
ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
Miha_M
Advisor
I don't know if the Schedule scale can be inserted as Autotext in a layout, maybe some Archicad Guru can halp you out with that.
In such cases I de-select the "Include Scale in Autotexting and Indexes" box in the Drawing Selection Settings.
Maybe I should, but I don't scale such layouts.

EDIT:
There is a tedious solution . https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=63048

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

Miha_M
Advisor
Timmo wrote:

I haven't quite figured out, if I set the scale to 1:50, then after leaving the schedule to some other tab (layout, plan etc), the scale resets back to 1:100, when I return to the schedule.
I'll have to change my first answer, as I was wrong. I was working on a Schedule myself now and I managed to replicate your problem. The mighty Archicad forum had a (workaround) solution ready.
The scale of a Schedule is set the first time you generate one and it equals the scale of the active floor plan. After that you can change the "Fixed", "To Fit" or "Set Drawing Scale..." scale, but this settings will not be kept if you'll want to save the Schedule viewset; you'll need to change the scale in the "Save view" dialog window.

If you'll try to change the scale in an existing Viewset via "Redefine with current window settings" it will not work.

A bug?

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

insideru
Advocate
I have also signaled this bug. There is a very easy workaround. Save the view then in the view properties change the scale of the drawing to 1:50.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Johann_P
Advocate
I followed the link posted earlier in this topic, but it does not seem to make a difference to the Layout Scale.

Question 1:
In the first drawing the doors are not scaled to each other, but the scale reads 1:1
In the second drawing the doors seem to scale to each other and the View is set to 1:50, but the Layout still scales at 1:1
Can I change this so the Layout reads 1:50.
(I'd be unimpressed if the contractor builds a garage door exactly as big as shown on the drawing and argue that the drawing shows 1:1..... legally he'll probably be right too.... )

Question 2:
I'm in the habit of showing a indicative floor line across the schedules as a visual reference line for heights.
I can't seem to lower the doors to the same sill level on the schedule as the garage door.
Any advice please?
ArchiCAD24 - since Nov 2020
Revit - 2005 to 2020
Windows 10 Pro
2 screens: nvidia quadro RTX 4000
Miha_M
Advisor
The 1:1 scale is default for every Schedule and the master layout autotext function will place that number down every time. The linked tediuos solution is a workaround method which uses a resized original 1:1 scaled Schedule.

The linked "workaround" solution suggests:
1. have your floor plan in scale 1:1
2. create a NEW Schedule - it will be created on a scale of the active floor plan (1:1)
3. you'll have to play around and change all font sizes to get a readable Schedule
4. place your 1:1 Schedule to your layout and change it's scale to whatever scale you want it to be
5. change the placed drawing scale autotext in your master layout so it doesn't read the original scale, but the placed drawing scale

Be aware - this method requires additional work and patience. I would instead create a (duplicated) second master layout for the Schedules, delete the autotext and add manualy the correct and desired scale value.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27

Barry Kelly
Johann.P wrote:
Question 2:
I'm in the habit of showing a indicative floor line across the schedules as a visual reference line for heights.
I can't seem to lower the doors to the same sill level on the schedule as the garage door.

Select one of the image cells and then play with the 'Align to' setting.
Changing it to 'storey zero' will align all of the windows to the height above their home storey.
It won't show a floor line, but they will be in their correct relative location.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11