Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Door placement and editing issues (v. 17)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have run across a couple of door issues:

1. When placing a door that I want centered between two interior doors, I set the snap points to 'half' and 'between intersection points'. As I try to place the door, I get a marker at the halfway point of the interior side of the wall when I hover over the interior side, but that would set the exterior (sun) side of the door to the interior. When I hover over the exterior side, the door would be placed correctly as far as exterior side goes, but the half marker is now showing the halfway point along the exterior length of the wall. Any solution?

2. I don;t see how to change the interior/exterior orientation of the door after it's placed. I am hoping I'm just missing something simple. 'Flip' changes the door swing, but no the orientation.

Thanks much!
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
To solve your first problem you could activate a guideline at the good node.
This will allow you to snap to the other side of the wall.
Problem is you can't activate a guideline from a mid-point node when placing a door.
You have to activate the guideline first (while in the arrow tool) and then switch to the door tool.
Or if in the door tool activate a guideline on the edge of another wall that is running in the correct direction and then move it with the guide-handle.

To solve your second problem you can rotate the door (at a centre point), then flip it and then mirror it (at the centre point again).
A bit long winded but it works.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Maybe consider http://simpleaddon.com/Eng/mw_product.html to solve this. (You can download a trial to make sure it works, first.) For USD $10, you get so much more, too. I think it's one of the bargains in the ArchiCAD world.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
aahatimo
Newcomer
wow richard, it looks like simpleaddon adds a similar function to our old chief architect days, thanks!
tim
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just asked this question in the general forum, so thanks for the link.

I am frankly astonished after all these years of development this on-the-fly input is still not in the program.

Chief Architect did it many years ago as did Arcon and now Revit.

Come on Graphisoft think like an Architect !!!
Well, to be somewhat fair, the "Set Special Snap Value" is pretty good for initial placement, as long as you are trying to get a consistent dimension away from a corner. If you want to consistently place doors 4", say, away from a corner, you can set that and it's pretty quick. Similarly, centering the door in a wall section is fast. It's after the door has been placed that things slow down.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10