Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Doors and windows in a sloped wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All..
Why would ArchiCAD give us the option to create a sloped wall, if it refuses to give us an option to insert a vertical door. I have looked through the gamut of useless and nitpicky options we are given, regarding the finer points of reveal size and rebate style and tacky glazing elements, but in no place can I find that elusive checkbox that says "turn this door vertical so as it can function like a door as opposed to open downwards, so as to jam and cease to function like a door". In an ideal world, there wouldn't need to be this checkbox, unless you were desperately wanting to build glazed hatches with commercial window suites in the deck of a boat, but obviously this is what the angled wall option is all about, so here I am feeling idiotic.
as usual.
So.. Help?? Obviously there will be a workaround involving building a window suite with slabs, columns beams and meshes, but if this is the only option, I'd rather not hear about it..

Thanks for your help.
Nick.
2 REPLIES 2
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
NickMcLeod wrote:
but in no place can I find that elusive checkbox that says "turn this door vertical so as it can function like a door as opposed to open downwards, so as to jam and cease to function like a door".
Like the Opening Plane?

Cheers,
Link.
Opening Plane.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gah!!

Thanks Link..
I wonder how many of my issues have to do with not understanding the terminology on ArchiCAD.

Sigh.
At least its me being stupid.
Thanks again.

Nick.