Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Downloaded surfaces won't work?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

When I download new surfaces to my library I can get them to appear on the list but when I select them to apply them to a morph object they don't work. The object stays the same as matt grey. I am trying to add a brickwork finish.

Where am I going wrong?

I am using AC 18

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your Material is grey matt in the openGL or Render or Both?
Check the materials setting to see if there is something that need to be adjusted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqrivas wrote:
Your Material is grey matt in the openGL or Render or Both?
Check the materials setting to see if there is something that need to be adjusted.
I'm sure this will sound completely newbie but how to I tell which one I am in and how do I toggle between them?

Thank you
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or probably I did not explain clear enough (English is not my native language so I could do grammar mistake to explain things, and my dictionary is no so extensive)

If you are in the regular Perspective view (where you work), you are in Open GL or Vectorial Engine. Go to the 3d Window setting by right click an empty space in the perspective window and make sure you are in openGL, in vectorial engine you won't see textures.

And for render I mean when you render a view with the Cinerender engine, that,s when you click on the camera Icon to get a nice view of the product.
opengl.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Go to Surface settings (Options> Element Attributes> Surfaces…) and make sure there is the image you want as your texture shown in the preview at the bottom of the dialogue in the Texture tab. If no image is visible click on Search button and find the image you want, which needs to be in a loaded library.
Near the top of the dialogue below there is a drop-down to change rendering engine (mine is on Internal Engine) where if you want the same texture image in photo renderings change to CineRender by Maxon and click on the Match Settings button.
Hope this helps.
Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 10.55.32 AM.png