cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Edit monolithic concrete staircase structure with wood finish

EugenioCespedes
Contributor

Hello ArchiCAD creators, my suggestion to include in the official release of AC28 is the edition of the monolithic structure of the concrete staircase with a wood finish. In this staircase, which can have a wood, ceramic, porcelain or any other finish, the finishes of the treads and risers can be edited with any shape, whether curved (concave, convex), polygonal, etc., while the monolithic structure cannot be edited.
In most cases I have had to make two stairs: one with the shape tool for the monolithic structure and this one I can edit with any shape that I can use and accommodate for the treads and risers, for which I can use the staircase tool without structure, that is, only treads and risers.
Attached is an image of some stairs with labels indicating the treads and risers with curved and polygonal shapes but with the structure unmodifiable.
I would appreciate it if you took into account my suggestion that would enrich the software.
Success

3D-05 Concrete Stair - Timber Finish.jpg3D-01 Concrete Stair - Timber Finish.jpg
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @EugenioCespedes,

Regarding stair modeling you can search for this video in learning portal, it’ll help you achieve the desired result in both structural & architectural parts of the stair.

* The course name:

IMG_1557.jpeg

**The module name:

IMG_1558.jpeg

***The stairs section:

IMG_1556.jpeg

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
EugenioCespedes
Contributor

The structural element cannot be modified or edited as is done with the treads and risers.

3D-02 Concrete Stair - Timber Finish.jpg

Can you share the links?

EugenioCespedes
Contributor

3D-02 Concrete Stair - Timber Finish.jpg

 The structural element cannot be modified or edited as is done with the treads and risers.

I don't think the stair skeleton can be edited to any other shape different from the traditional ones (Strait or Curved), but the shaping can be achieved only in the architectural skin.

Screenshot 2024-08-13 063325.png

* Especially these triangles created by reinforcing steel bars which transfer live loads to the lower reinforcing mesh of the stair concrete slab, these triangles are shaping the concrete treads which I never saw them curved.

** What I meant with that learning video is to create only one stair and edit it structurally (going & riser sizes, concrete slab thickness or adding a landing) while you edit it architecturally (curved or inclined riser) then duplicate the stair and use one of them as a structural part while the other as the architectural one.

*** About the video link I think you should go yourself opening the learn portal using your GS ID then search for the above-mentioned course and video.

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

My suggestion is focused on being able to edit the concrete structure of the staircase, I think they are interpreting it differently.