Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Editing Display Order numerically rather than visually

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find i use drawing order alot to achieve required drawing appearances (layering of elements). There seems to be 14 'levels' available.

It would be really useful if:
1) you could see )in the dialog box or context menu for example) what level an element is on,
2) be able to change it's level by typing in a number (rather than the bring forward/move back shuffle) and
3) set an elements default level so that when you place it (especially multiple objects) they are placed at the required level.

If anyone knows if this is currently possible i'd like to hear about it, otherwise will put it on the wish list and wait
11 REPLIES 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes, a similar idea been discussed before!

Not sure if it includes numbers, but it would be nice to have it as part of the program!

Cheers,
Link.
It think it would be great to have a numeric indicator for the Display Order.
And also a way to freeze things to a specific level of display with out locking them in other ways.
I would not want to lose the ability to do it visually in exchange for numeric. I would like to arrange the display order in both ways.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

The Display order is killing me.

I am working with an intersection between 3 types of composite walls and it's a pain in the "architecture".

Believe me, I've tried every combo available, including changing the construction method for each wall and is still doesn't work.

At one point the intersection was allright until I changed the view, then again it was not ok.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Erika Epstein
Booster
For the walls, do you have "enable skin priorities" checked?
This setting is under the Structure tab for walls.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Also, don't confuse Display Order, Intersection Group Number, Wall Priority, Skin Priority, Element Origin, Fill Origin... Lot's of different ways to control cleanup. If all else fails use the Patch Tool.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Erika wrote:
For the walls, do you have "enable skin priorities" checked?
This setting is under the Structure tab for walls.
of course

also (I think) I know how to use "Display Order, Intersection Group Number, Wall Priority, Skin Priority, Element Origin and Fill Origin"

I haven't tried the Intersection group number, but I don't think it's too useful. I will have 2 (or more) layers with walls and will need to change all schedules and layer combos involving them.

If anyone is interested I will send you the file.
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see the old poll is from 2007, so it will be a good step to remind GS once again about this important issue!
Anonymous
Not applicable
uisanata,
you have 4 walls on the picture. It is always problematic to properly connect 3 walls in "T" junction. The best I get is this:
Anonymous
Not applicable
With Reference Lines: