Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Electric/Automatic Doors on Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

The project I'm currently working on has large automatic doors at the entrance. What is the typical way of showing these on plan i.e do I use a standard door line that is shown below or is there a different way of showing that they open across the wall, not into it ?

Thank You

Screen shot 2010-05-05 at 10.45.48.png
10 REPLIES 10
Erika Epstein
Booster
I'm not sure what you are asking
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, nn a standard hinged door the plan shows the direction of which the door swings open ( 1st post is an attachment of this ). On an automatic electric door which obviously don't swing as they go ' on ' the wall means that there isn't a opening line for them. How do I show this on plan... it's still a door but it doesn't swing open

Thank You
Erika Epstein
Booster
A screen shot of the graphic you want would have been helpful...
What about the following, showing the doors closed and then check the ghost opening option?
closed in 2D with ghost opening line.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
A screen shot of the graphic you want would have been helpful...
What about the following, showing the doors closed and then check the ghost opening option?
I don't really know what I want though... I was just checking to see if automatic door are shown the same in plan, in terms of opening as normal hinged manual doors are

I wasn't sure if you would show 2 lines perpendicular to the door because it doesn't open into the building but rather onto the perimeter. ( wall that the door is fixed to )

I will probably use the graphic you've illustrated and see what my tutor says.

Also, do you know of any automatic doosr made for Archicad at all ( not sure if you could show this in 3D though ). I've searched a few of the GDL websites but didn't come across any. I'm currently using custom windows made in cadimage tools to illustrate the doors.
Thank You
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you talking about a sliding door?
Erika Epstein
Booster
Nathan,
To me the term 'automatic door' refers to its operation. As you near a door you step on an activation pad and the door opens without you, the person, having to manually open it. Automatic doors can open in any way including swing, sliding or overhead.

This 'automatic' designation is in the door schedule, embedded in the door specification data. There is typically no visual difference from any other door in the model.

What does 'automatic' mean to you?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Anonymous
Not applicable
NStocks wrote:
they open across the wall, not into it ?
NStocks wrote:
... don't swing as they go ' on ' the wall ... it's still a door but it doesn't swing open
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, Automatic to me means sliding because the moajoiry of automatic doors are sliding.

Hopefully this will make things make sense

Thank You
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here in the states most automatic doors swing. Some do slide but we also have plenty of overhead and rotating ones too.