Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Error "Cannot read the plan"

Silvia
Contributor

Hello colleagues! How are you?

Has this ever happened to you? How did you resolve it?

The original file opens for me and remains blank automatically. So, I searched for backups and converted them to PLN. I can open backups from other projects without any issues, but I'm encountering the attached error with this particular project.

Another thing to consider is that this file is located on the desktop of my notebook; I don't work with external drives. I have 330 GB available on my notebook, and power outages are not a problem for me as my battery works quite well, and I have room to save files. I also have antivirus software installed.

Most of the references I find suggest that the file is unrecoverable.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-09 at 07.31.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-09 at 07.31.19.jpeg

¡Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly

Because one of your error messages seems to be saying.’version 0.0’, I would think that either the file is corrupt and you won’t be able to open it.
Or maybe you are trying to open a new version file in an older version of Archicad.

i.e. A version 26 file in version 25.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Silvia
Contributor

Thank you for responding! I tried opening it from versions 26 and 27, but I get the same error. Attached is a reference image:

image (2).png

image (1).png

  

If you look at the file size, does it appear normal or is it 0 KB?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

I have successfully merged a file that did this into a new file. And was able to recover the model.

The backup copies of the file weigh much less than the original.

The reference on the left is from a previous version of the project I have, and the one on the right is the backup copy from the latest version of the project.

Silvia_0-1696862630543.png

I lost the last version of the project; it's no longer on my desktop. I'm not sure why. Since I usually access it through the Archicad window, I found it odd that it doesn't appear among the recent projects I've been working on.

My trash bin still has files from September, and I don't usually move, let alone delete projects that are still in progress. That's why I turned to the backups, which gave me the aforementioned error. Do you think I lost the file?

Hello! How did you manage to do it? I tried Archicad's "open and repair" option, but it doesn't work.

I can see the file in the properties window seems ok and is a version 27 file.

The files you show on the right aren’t Archicad files that I can see, unless they are to do with team work files?

Did you start that 27 file in an earlier Tech Preview version?

If you did they won’t open in the release version of 27.

They need to be saved in the final Tech Preview version first to convert them so they can be opened in the release version.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Actually these files are from version 25 because the building in question has been under development for quite some time. The icons were updated because I also downloaded Archicad 27 to look at, but the files did not migrate from version to version, they only changed icons.

normally the recovery file will be the latest .bpn file you have auto save.

another place you can recover and open normally would be the fdb file you can find in users > graphisoft > @ODB_database.

ahmad525_0-1696890140660.png

you can copy this database.fdb file to your desktop, change to .pln and open normaly. 

what happened i think is your file is corrupted thats why you can even open it in newer version. 

hope this help