cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

External Drawings settings

Greg D
Participant
How do I change the settings for importing an external drawing so it comes in at the correct angle? Thanks!
Greg Danskin - Architect
http://www.danskinarchitecture.com

AC 19/20/21
iMac Retina 5K, 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
OS 10.13.4 High Sierra
7 REPLIES 7
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
If you are using the File>External Content>Place External Drawing option then you can change the angle after it is placed by clicking on a node, click the Rotate icon in the pet palette.

If you are using the File>External Content>Attach Xref method you can specify an angle before it is placed or you can click "Specify On-Screen" and choose the angle after it is placed.

Please indicate which version of ArchiCAD you are using in future questions for the most accurate help.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Greg D
Participant
Thanks NCornia! AC 14. I was wondering how I got the import settings to have it come in at 167.5º. Can I save time by not having to adjust after import? It's a small thing to make the adjustment, but irritating.
Greg Danskin - Architect

AC 19/20/21
iMac Retina 5K, 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
OS 10.13.4 High Sierra
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Yes, you can specify the angle first. Use the Attach Xref method and set the angle to 167.5 degrees.

Note: With the xref method you should not move the drawing file from where it is located on your computer while working on the ArchiCAD project. You can, but then you will have to use the xref manager to relink the file if you do.

Nicholas
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Greg D
Participant
Thanks again, Nicholas.

I don't remember having any problem like this with the standard 'Place External Drawing... routine in the past. I actually want the drawings to import at 0.00 degrees, and I have no idea why they just decided to start coming in at 167.5.

I do use the 'xref', but often prefer just to use the regular 'Place...'

Any idea as to how I can change the setting on the 'Place External Drawing', so it applies to all drawings being imported?

(Sorry to belabor this!)

Greg
Greg Danskin - Architect

AC 19/20/21
OS 10.13.4 High Sierra
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Okay, this has got to be it. Before placing and external drawing go to the Drawing tool in the toolbox under "Document". Double-click it and look at the angle setting. Set it to zero if it is not.

Nicholas
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Greg D
Participant
Oh for crying out...

How do you say, I shoulda known that' without saying, 'I shoulda known that'.

Thanks Nicholas!
Greg Danskin - Architect

AC 19/20/21
OS 10.13.4 High Sierra
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Happy to help. I know I have at least 50 d'oh moments a day.

Take care!
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center