Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

FILLS to the front

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All

When I am drawing a fill I allways need to "display order, bring to front".
Is ther a way to ensure every time you draw a fill, it is automatically placed at the top of the stacking order, ie, brought to front?

thanks in advance.
Mat
4 REPLIES 4
__archiben
Booster
mat wrote:
When I am drawing a fill I allways need to "display order, bring to front".
maybe you have another element (such as a slab, or mesh with cover fill) that you've already brought upwards out of its default display order? and any fill you create that overlaps it disappears behind? try sending that element to the back and try again?!
Is ther a way to ensure every time you draw a fill, it is automatically placed at the top of the stacking order, ie, brought to front?
i have a feeling that if you syringe its parameters the display order may get taken with it . . . ? not 100% about that though . . . you'll have to experiment . . . and don't forget that you can assign keyboard shortcuts to display order commands. i have CTRL + ALT + 6 as 'bring to front'.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tried....syringe does not appear to take on display order priorities, but if you copy an item that has been brought to front the copy is at the top level too.
TomWaltz
Participant
s2art wrote:
Just tried....syringe does not appear to take on display order priorities, but if you copy an item that has been brought to front the copy is at the top level too.
That's been my experience as well.

For more information:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Display_Order?highlight=%28order%29%7C%28display%29
Tom Waltz
SeaGeoff
Ace
This is one my pet peeves (at this point I have a menagerie). Typical scenario: I've got a multi-layered assembly finally looking right—in this case stone steps and risers over a concrete slab with some short walls sitting on the top stoop with some stone caps on those. Then I want to add an element on top of all this—the columns on top of the caps. Oh sh_t, top stack level reached. D_mn, d_mn, double d_mn! Now I have to fiddle with scores of 3D objects and drafted elements and annotation and...well, everything. Why can't I just send the bloody columns to the top? Why can't ArchiCAD just make a new level for me? And why can't it default to stacking things by elevation? I became so frustrated by this exact situation today that I started what must be the 19th poll on the subject here. Arrrggghh.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x