cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

perspective settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been playing with AC10 for the last few weeks, after using AC6.5 (I think) before two years of AutoCAD and I've just screwed up my lovely perspective...

1. On my 'Perspective Settings' window, the 'distance' goes back to 0.010 and the Azimuth to 0.00 degrees. This unables me to actually see anything on the screen (the perspective view) while the axonometric view always shows as 'fit to screen' and not keeping the last zoom I've chosen.

2. Also, in the 'Navigator Preview' window, on the option 'See from Side', it looks like the camera is not looking at my building but on the opposite direction. It this normal?

3. How can I save my rendering as pdf or jpg?

4. can we save multiple 3D views on the project's map?

5. How can we open multiple files in ArchiCAD?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
To keep and reuse 3D perspective views you need to place cameras in the plan window. These will also show up in the Project Map. There is also a command to place the current 3D view into the current camera path.

I don't know what the problem is with the reset perspective view but saving camera positions should get you back to where you want.

There is a setting in the preferences to keep current zoom on rebuild (or something like that).
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also save 3D views to the View Map rather than project map, which I prefer to do rather than have cameras dotted all over my plan. (they can have their uses though, I agree).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much guys.

Any ideas on the others topics? (pdf, jpg, opening multiple files)
Anonymous
Not applicable
More answers...

3. When 3D render window is complete, File> Save As> (jpg should be default format)

5. Open a second instance of ArchiCAD, easy in windows, harder on Mac apparently. Search for other posts in this forum for further advice if necessary.

(it pays to have your system info in your signature - in your profile - so people can help you with relevant information)

Hope this helps.