Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

(Feature request!) Inject parameters includes "All other settings" - how turn off?

jorGKX
Contributor

I was gonna adjust the height of some walls using the Inject Parameter - tool. But when I was almost done, I realize that other settings was transferred as well, like "Structure". And that SUCKS. 

I know I should have thought of this before, but whatever. 

It seems it isnt possible to turn off "all other setting" in the setting-section. That means that I have to manually adjust the height of the wall for 600 walls, instead of just using the syringe. 

Or am I missing an option here? 

jorGKX_0-1729158419939.png

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon

1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, this is not an easy situation. Every element type has dozens of settings and parameters, and deciding which settings should be turned ON/OFF when transferring parameters is not easy. And I guess, by design, all those other parameters are always transferred.

When I have to make such changes, one way to do it faster is to create a simple schedule. In this case, the schedule could list only the Element Type and the Height (from General Parameters) parameters, and maybe the Quantity, plus you should merge uniform items in the schedule. Then, the schedule will show walls with different heights in each row. The Height parameter can be modified in the schedule and if you modify one value, to 600 cm, for example), all instances of that Wall (as indicated by the Quantity column) will be modified. Hopefully, you can modify those Wall Heights faster this way.

WallHeightsSchedule.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Setup info provided by author