Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Fills Scaling/notscaling/zooming

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys-
In one of my projects I have a weird Fill thing going on.

What I want, and what happens in normal projects is: When I zoom into a fill it keeps it's scale and stays proportionate to what ever it is around- for ex. if I have 12" siding fill on a building, when I zoom out with my mouse, it still looks ten inches compared to the rest of the building.

On my bad project- when I zoom in and out the scale/size of the fill changes too. so when I zoom way in my siding looks teeny weeny, when I zoom out it one piece of siding becomes half the height of the wall.

Any Ides?
Semi Emergency.
Oh- I am using it as a drafting fill if it matters, and it doesn't seem to matter, and it doesn't make a difference if I tell it to scale with plan and independantly.
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
It sounds like your Display Options are set to show fills as Bitmaps.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK- I'll take that.
Now maybe an embrassing question for how long I have been using this- but, where do I change this option?
Anonymous
Not applicable
View > On Screen View Options

But I don't think this is the problem. I had the same thing happening a while back, changed the fill to a similar but different one and the problem went away (my roof was printing solid black if the pitch was under 10 degrees or so, steeper roof was o.k. Changed the fill and now they're both alright)

Never worked out exactly what the problem was.